Friday, April 1, 2011

Another Resurgence

I've revived my Twitter account: donayahaymond . Follow me if you wish. I'm adept at texting these days so it should work better (my last phone couldn't send texts).

Also, thanks to the encouragement of my biggest non-professional fan, Sam, I've restarted my first non-Laconia novel, Seasons Four Open the Door . I'm posting it chapter by chapter at the following locations:




It's less than a quarter finished and it's already in excess of 25,000 words, so it's going to be one of my longer ones. I want to have something to offer other publishers while I wait for Eternal Press to get through all of Laconia, which will take the next few years. I would offer it to EP too, but I can only offer one novel at a time, and only three months after the previous one is published. That's to be fair to the people who didn't spend their high school years typing in the basement :D .

Here is a summary for the novel:

Jared finds that his mother's basement has been turned into an underground lake from a world where no one is surprised by anything. He saves a young woman who claims to be Spring. Meanwhile, Kira of the Temperate Zone finds that killing Summer, no matter how much he deserves it, has started opening portals between the realm of the Seasons and what they call Next Door.

Magical realism, urban fantasy, and dashes of both cyberpunk and steampunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment