Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day




(Creative Commons License, xkcd, Randall Munroe)

I'm single this year, but it doesn't really rankle. In Thai culture, as I mentioned on the Facebook fan page, Valentine's Day is a more general Celebrate Love day, rather than strictly romantic. So my grandmother sent me a card all the way from Bangkok, and my mother keeps fretting about me checking my mail today and the competence of the post office. Also, campus dining lets us use flex dollars to pre-order chocolate-covered strawberries, some of my favorite things.

Also, if you're reading this blog, thank you and all the emoticon hearts you could ever desire.

Roses are red,
Violets are purple,
Which is a very hard word to rhyme
And makes me happy that on February the 14th we don’t traditionally have to give each other oranges.
- Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment