Sunday, February 19, 2012

Geeky Hats Galore

(Available at www.etsy.com/shop/ThatSingularAnomaly as well as in the sidebar on the lower left of this very blog.)


Perfect for a five-person tag flash mob, making silly sound effects all the while!
I made the ghost beanies and then had no idea how to make the central figure we know and love, until a friend suggested it be in beret form.

I actually made the whole beret, start to finish, this afternoon and evening. Then I was contemplating the colors of yarn I have available - I use Plymouth Dream Baby acrylic because Old Town Yarnery carries it for $4 a decent hank and it's soft and machine washable - and my covetousness towards a friend of mine's Jayne hat from the show Firefly, one of my absolute favorites. So I went on Etsy and looked at the various designs and came up with this in about two hours:

This one is available on a made-to-order basis, because that used up all my solid orange yarn and I want to keep it for myself. I'm very proud of it and am restraining myself from singing "The Hero of Canton".

So this is how I've been trying to healthily expend my manic energy. Now for another pair of fingerless gloves and hopefully I'll be able to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment