Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Waking Echoes Now Available!


Gentle, perhaps-imaginary readers,

I feel guilty for going so long without posting something, despite the two very problematic facts that blogging is not my style and no one seems to have been suffering in my absence. But nobody's reading because I'm not blogging because nobody's reading, and I have decided to take the important step of blogging anyway in order to break the vicious cycle.

But now Waking Echoes is out, and I have told Facebook, the Eternal Press Blog, the Eternal Press Readers loop on Yahoo, anyone who happens to visit my Google Site, all my friends, and a bunch of students at my long-ago place of study, the Vientiane International School (part of 1st grade through 4th grade; 1 faculty member both was still there and remembered me), and a hundred or so of my fanfiction.net and fictionpress.com fans. So, you know, I think if we whack this horse a couple more times it may come to life.
SO!
WAKING ECHOES
Accepting yourself can be unusually difficult. Taylor Calvin is a hardworking, intelligent high school student who’s been stretching herself a bit thin lately. This is not improved by the appearance of Tylianvornika, a ghost that claims to be Taylor from a previous life in another dimension, one she shared with her closest friends. Now Taylor must juggle daily problems that merely feel like the end of the world, along with memories and a persistent haunting concerning the actual ending of a world.
“Are you an angel?” Taylor believed strongly in angels, but never thought one would come to her.
“Again, sort of. I’m kind of a transfigured being. Did you think what happened today was a string of coincidences? They were echoes, Taylor Calvin. Your memories have been asleep, and they are awaking.”
“Can I at least know your name, kind of a transfigured being?”
The girl’s insubstantial, colorless lips smiled slightly. “I’m glad I didn’t change much.”
“Excuse me?”
“I am Tylianvornika, resident of Canyonar, which is now pretty much nonexistent. The entire universe vanished too. Kind of upsetting, really. Right now I am sleeping in my world, in the split second before I die. I have been promised that, after I die, I and my friends will be reborn into a new world passing through the test that Canyonar failed. That is, I’m you.”
“Me?”
“Today seems familiar because it happened before, but on a greater scale. I am here to tell you about the last year of your previous life—the last year of my life.” She laughed, dropping all the mystical pretension in her voice and sounding like an adolescent again. “It’s pretty exciting for me too.”

Trivia, stories, behind-the-scenes peeks, more guest blogging, interviews, and all sort of things hoped-for in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment