Friday, June 8, 2012

Blogging difficulties

My dear followers,

I would blog more often, but this website is blocked on Chinese internet. My workplace has internet that bypasses the Great Firewall, as it is called, but naturally I don't want to do extensive blogging on my employer's time - just a little bit here and there on breaks. Right now, for example, it would be a coffee or tea break if I drank any coffee or tea other than Two Leaves and a Bud's Alpine Berry tea, which is purple and delicious. Sadly I keep forgetting to bring bags of aforesaid tea to keep in my office. So I'm having instant oatmeal out of a mug instead. Because I also have no bowl.

But I digress. Naturally the vast majority of my Camp NaNoWriMo efforts are on my laptop at home, but I can't put extracts up here on my dear Idris-the-Macbook because of the Great Firewall. I'm trying to decide whether it's worth it to email bits to myself so that I can put them up on this blog. Is it vanity? Is it obsession? Or is it dedication?

I think my oatmeal's cool enough to eat now. Much love, and metaphors be with you.

Current word count: 14415.
Goal by tomorrow: 15000.

No comments:

Post a Comment