Thursday, April 26, 2012

I came upon a tumblr that has pirated copies of my work for download: http://qoozqvu.tumblr.com/ 
I wasn’t able to message qoozqvu to ask them to not post downloads of my books for free, due to them not having an ask box, but in the interest of protecting intellectual property I would like to ask people to please not download from qoozqvu. If you want to preview one of my books before buying, Amazon will allow you to see the first few pages, and also you can message me and I will happily “lend” you a section as well. If my books are not available in a format you can use, or not available at your location, contact me and I will find some way you can get it honestly.
If you’ve already pirated, I’m not mad - I take it as a compliment - but I would very much like you to buy something as soon as you can because if you like it enough to read it I would hope you’d like it enough to repay me for my effort.
Several of my works are available for free on the Internet with my permission; in fact I put them there. Read them to your heart’s content. 
I’m not going to try to take legal action because I believe in Internet freedom, that it does more harm to try to regulate what users do than to let some piracy occur. What I think works better is to politely say: I worked hard. I don’t make much money from this. What money I do have, I am very grateful for. I’m 21 years old and just starting out. My publisher will only keep giving me deals if I turn a profit for them, otherwise they won’t survive as a company. It’s a harsh reality, and I need your help to keep it from ruining my dream.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment