Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Write-A-Thon Update

I've raised my target amount of money - actually slightly more than my target amount - and I'm going on a sabbatical from these daily blog postings. I feel bad doing so, like I'm letting people down, but I've just exhausted my creative juices. Guess I'm not like some of my friends in that regard, who can keep churning out good work without getting sick of it.

This does not mean I'm abandoning all writing enterprises, though. I am slowly building up a short story for a new Damnation Books anthology, as well as launching Humans and Demons and Elves tomorrow and the day after (time zones are making my schedule funny). I am also translating yet another Shakespeare play into modern English for my best Elance client.

I will eventually get back to expanding The Raw Ghosts of Thailand and working on Sweeping the Puddles Away, I promise. I'm just going to concentrate on the stuff that pays immediately for now.

Thank you for your understanding.


4 comments:

  1. Oh, and I'll be updating the TV Tropes page and links. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine. Everyone needs a little bit of a break every once-in-a-while. I've been known to do it myself. You know we loyal fans will be waiting when around for when you do get back to it all.

    Also, congrats on raising your target amount of money. I've still only managed to get what you so graciously donated. I'll keep working at it though and I'll hopefully catch up by the time the Write-A-Thon is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheated a little and donated some of the money to myself. XD

    ReplyDelete